International Pro-Am Dance Festival
Organizer: Danza Dancesport Association, Budapest (HUNGARY) by András Faluvégi MDV
Date: 25. February 2017.
Location: Institute of Italian Culture| 1088 Budapest, Bródy Sándor str. 8.
The competition will be held under the rules written below, accepted by the contestants and organisers.
The Budapest Open Pro-Am Dance Festival is an open Pro-Am dance competition, on which the participant couples are formed of a teacher and a student. One tacher can dance with more students. The Scholarship, 9-dance and 10-dance competitons has to be danced with the same teacher.
All programs are available on the official website: www.budapestopen.hu.
The organizer keeps the right to change the program if necessary, all changes will be announced on the official website.
The registered couples will appear on the website after submitting the entry form. The detailed program will be available few days prior to the event.
All information regarding the event are official only if appeared on the official website.
24. February 2016, Friday
- 20:00 – 23:00 | Welcome dinner
25. February 2016, Saturday
- 9:00 – 18:00 | Dance Festival| Institute of Italian Culture
- 20:00 – 02:00 | Budapest Classic Ball | Institute of Italian Culture
26. February 2016, Sunday
- 10:00 – 16:00 | Workshop | Sightseeing
Dance Styles and dances
- International Standard | Slow Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slow Foxtrot, Quickstep
- International Latin | Cha-Cha, Samba, Rumba, Pasodoble, Jive
- American Smooth | Walts, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz
- American Rhythm | Cha-Cha, Rumba, Swing, Bolero, Mambo
- Argentine Tango Salon | Tango, Vals, Milonga
- Argentine Tango Free Style | Tango, Vals, Milonga
- Caribbean mix Cuban and Line Style | Merengue, Bachata, Salsa
- Single Dance | all dance styles
- Multi Dance | all dance styles (2, 3, 4, 5 dances together)
- Scholarship | all dances in a dance style (allowed to entry only if all single dances are danced in the same dance style on the same category and level)
- 9-dance | all dances in American Smooth + American Rhythm
- 10-dance | all dances International Standard + International Latin
- Showcase | International Standard, International Latin, American Smooth, American Rhythm, Argentine Tango és Caribbean mix styles
- Show Dance | International Standard, International Latin, American Smooth, American Rhythm, Argentine Tango és Caribbean mix styles
- VIP Showcases
The Showcase and Show Dance competitions are danced to an own music.
A Showcase choreography contains only one dance. It”s like a Single Dance danced to an own music.
A Show Dance choreography is made from more dances of a dance style. In case of International Standard, International Latin and American Rhythm 3-5 dances, in case of American Smooth 3-4 dances and in case of Argentine Tango ans Caribbean mix 2-3 dances have to appear in the choreography.
The VIP Showcase dancers does not compete with each other, they will not be judged. Their performance will be held during the Budapest Classic Ball.
One student can perform maximum two choreographies during the VIP Showcase with the same professional dancer.
Ladies and Gentlemans are compete together.
Age groups are defined by the age of the student (Am).
- J1 | until 9 years
- J2 | 10 – 15 years
- А1 | 16 – 25 years
- А2 | 26 – 35 years
- B | 36 – 50 years
- С | 51 – 70 years
- D | 71 years and older
The different age groups in Single- and Multi Dance in all styles, while in Scholarship competitions the International Standard and International Latin styles compete separately.
Registration in other age groups:
- J1, J2, A1 can register in one higher age group
- B, C and D can register one lower age group
- A2 can register in one higher or lower age group also
Categories and levels:
In all dance styles, competitions will be held in following categories and levels:
- Bronze (only basic steps)
- Silver (advanced basic steps)
- Gold (open choreographies, no syllabus restriction)
- Star Open
We provide music from computer.
The length of music at the competition meets the following standards:
For International Latin and International Standard as well as for American Smooth and American Rhythm music should play from 1:10 up to 1:30 minutes long with exception for:
- International Style Viennese Waltz, Quickstep and Jive competitions – from 1:00 up to 1:20 minutes long.
- Pasodoble competition – up to second highlight.
For Argentine Tango and Caribbean Mix competitions – from 1:20 up to 2:00 minutes long.
Depending on the number of couples on the dance floor, the chairman may reduce or prolong the music. The music can be reduced up to 1 minute in case there is just one couple on the dance floor or all the couples take part in different categories and stages.
Showcase music: 3 minutes +/- 10 sec, in total not longer than 5 minutes, together with entering and exiting the floor. After 5 minutes of time music will be faded.
Single Dance and Multi Dance comps: the students wear the start numbers, as the judges will decide upon their knowledge.
Scholarship and show: the male dancer wears the number, as the judges decide uppon the couples performance.
Registration is done by the professional dancer.
During registration, the teacher decides the category and the level of the student in accordance with the knowledge of the student.
Entry can be provided through the official websites entry site by filling in the entry form. By submitting the entry form, after each student, there should be fulfilled a payment of 100 EUR as a deposit. The total amount of entry should be paid at the arrival to the official hotel, or at the competition when collecting the competition package. After sending the entry form, an automatic confirmation will be sent via e-mail.
The entry is valid if the deposit 100 EUR arrives to the organizer. The deposit will not be paid back in case of cancellation after 1st of February.
|from 15.December 2016. to 8. January 2017. 12:00 pm||from 9. January to 15. February 2017. 12:00 pm||from 16. February to 24. February 2017. 12:00 pm
|Single Dances||25 EUR||35 EUR||45 EUR|
|Multi Dance / 2 dances||48 EUR||68 EUR||88 EUR|
|Multi Dance / 3 dances||70 EUR||90 EUR||110 EUR|
|Multi Dance / 4 dances||90 EUR||110 EUR||140 EUR|
|Multi Dance / 5 dances||100 EUR||140 EUR||160 EUR|
|Scholarships:||110 EUR||160 EUR||180 EUR|
|9 and10-dance||180 EUR||230 EUR||280 EUR|
|Showcases||60 EUR||80 EUR||100 EUR|
|VIP Showcases in Ball||200 EUR||280 EUR||350 EUR|
Additional services for participants
Information regarding additional services provided by the Organizer as well as their cost is available at the official website of the festival.